Position Title: National Physician Survey (NPS) Research Project Manager
Reports to: Director, Research
This full-time, contract position (April 21st, 2014 – June 2015 maternity leave replacement) is a
fantastic career opportunity for an experienced professional with solid experience working in a
collaborative environment and with expert skills in achieving consensus among different
contributors. This position will be based at our national office located at 2630 Skymark Avenue,
The position manages the National Physician Survey (NPS), a collaborative research initiative of
The College of Family Physicians of Canada (CFPC), the Canadian Medical Association, and The Royal
College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada. Currently, the individual in this position is
employed by and housed at the CFPC. The NPS Project Manager facilitates and coordinates NPS
activities at all three partner organizations, in collaboration with the staff assigned to the NPS
project at their respective organizations.
• Works with the representatives of the co-leader organizations to ensure that the NPS project
is meeting their needs.
• Reviews project progress and developments, and provides regular reports on the project’s
progress to co-leader organizations.
• Develops and manages the project budget, analyzing cost efficiencies, projecting yearend
costs, and providing reports on budget performance to CFPC and co-leader directors.
• Identifies the tasks necessary as well as resources required to complete the NPS project
goals, and develops project plans, scheduling them to ensure timely task completion. Distributes
and oversees tasks assigned to co-leader staff responsible for the project.
• Overall administrative responsibility for all aspects of the project, including the
development and submission of funding and ethics applications, and research agreements.
Administratively responsible for staff time tracking, the development and maintenance of the NPS
presentation and request fulfillment system, logistics of committee meetings, and procurement of
necessary goods and services.
• Co-manages the communications and promotion of the NPS project by working with the co-leader
• Responsible for developing and implementing the survey methodology and instruments developed
in collaboration with co- leader research staff.
• Responsible for analyses of the NPS data for presentations to internal and external
stakeholder organizations, scientific journals and other publications, project website and social
media, as well as for conference presentations.
• As required, delivery of presentations at scientific conferences (FMF, CAHSPR, NAPCRG) to
raise the profile of the project, and of research done within CFPC. This requires interaction with
the research community.
• CFPC representative for the Canadian Collaborative Centre for Physician Resources (C3PR).
• Chairs the NPS Technical Advisory Committee meetings
• CFPC staff member responsible for coordinating the work of the CFPC’s Janus Project Steering
• Other tasks as assigned
• Work in accordance with the CFPC confidentiality policy
• Works in accordance with all health and safety requirements
• University education with a minimum Bachelors level, Master’s preferred, or the equivalent in
work experience, with strong training or experience in health services research and data analysis.
• 3-5 years of research project management experience, with a particular emphasis on strategic
planning, budget development and management, experience with research MOU and REB submissions, and
• Advanced skills in using SPSS statistical software, and advanced knowledge translation skills
in interpreting data analyses.
• Experience and demonstrated skills in large database management.
• Formal project management training. PMP certification is an asset.
• Demonstrated experience in managing large projects, budgeting skills and financial reporting.
• Solid knowledge of the Canadian healthcare system, with appropriate experience in health
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including the ability to motivate and interact
with all stakeholders in a tactful and professional manner.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, and presentation skills. French language
skills would be an asset.
• Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to coordinate an inter-organization
team, work independently and in a team setting, to multi-task, and to manage and coordinate the
work of others.
• Advanced MS computer skills, particularly in MS Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and
• Office environment
Hours of Work:
• 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. or 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. or 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday to Friday;
flexibility required for overtime at peak periods and occasional weekends for meetings
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and your résumé to email@example.com by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, March 24th, 2014. Interviews with selected candidates to be scheduled for March 31st, 2014.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 p.m.
on Monday, March 24th, 2014.
Interviews with selected candidates to be scheduled for March 31st, 2014.
Vous n’avez qu’à saisir votre adresse électronique ci-dessous et nous vous enverrons immédiatement un nouveau mot de passe!
Notre système ne reconnaît pas l'adresse électronique saisie.
N’oubliez pas de consulter vos dossiers pourriel/courrier indésirable si vous ne recevez pas rapidement votre nouveau mot de passe.
Veuillez consulter votre courrier électronique pour obtenir les instructions de réinitialisation de mot de passe. Nous espérons vous accueillir bientôt!