Les informations ci-après, fournies dans la langue où elles ont été reçues, représentent un service d’information gratuit pour la communauté de l’ACRSPS. Bien que l’ACRSPS s’efforce de les vérifier, elles peuvent contenir des erreurs. Veuillez donc prendre note des dispositions d’exonération de responsabilité.
Manager, Primary Health Care Information
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date limite de soumission: February 28, 2014 12:00:00 am
Canadian Institute for Health Information
Better data. Better decisions. Healthier Canadians.
We currently have a variety of exciting career opportunities!
Who we are!
We collect, analyze and publish data and information in a standardized way, this allows every jurisdiction to understand,compare and use the data and information effectively to make the decisions that lead to healthier Canadians. This sets our data and information apart. We are a technically diverse team built with individuals who have a variety of professional experience.
Working with our partners, we have:
- Helped improve the depth and breadth of Canada's health data
- Built and maintained 27 critical pan-Canadian databases that enable jurisdictions to compare data
- Produced analyses on health and health care in Canada that are relevant, timely and actionable
- Increased the understanding and use of data through education, reporting tools and strategies
Join our team!
Our current career opportunities include a Management role for our Primary Health Care Information team in our Toronto office:
The Manager is responsible for ensuring the successful operations and execution of CIHI’s primary health care (PHC) information program. This includes managing the following areas:
- PHC Analysis and Reporting; and
- PHC EMR Standards;
- Engagement, Environmental Scanning and Capacity Building·
- Contribute to staff development and engagement by providing direction, mentoring staff, providing effective performance feedback, and ensuring opportunities for skills development
- Lead PHC program with respect to the planning and delivery of high quality work products. report development, Facilitates project meetings and discussions and prepares a variety of CIHI product documents consistent with CIHI standards
- Develop and monitor operational plans, budgets, and work plans and effectively manages risks, in collaboration with senior management
- Maintain effective relationships: liaises with Clinical, Expert and Jurisdictional Advisory Groups, multiple external partners and stakeholders to achieve milestones and deliverables
- Responsible for the identification and resolution of methodological, technological, data quality, and privacy related issues (based on knowledge or advice from internal or external experts)
- Develop and maintain knowledge of CIHI’s data holdings, related data held by other organizations, and tools used by CIHI to access these data holdings
- Develops comprehensive and integrative knowledge of programs and services across CIHI and other relevant programs and PHC data sources across Canada
- Contributes to the development and implementation of new and existing CIHI projects and reports as appropriate in support of CIHI’s Analytical Plan
Who are we looking for:
- Graduate degree in Epidemiology/Health Administration/MBA or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience, is preferred
- 5-8 years of health care experience (preferably related to PHC or Community Care) with a demonstrated expertise in analysis and reporting to the health system is preferred
- Generally 3 years of people and program management experience
- Project management experience, including leading large complex and developmental projects that are Canada-wide in scope. Demonstrated ability to achieve quality results on time and within budget
- Developed skills in facilitation, conflict resolution, risk mitigation, consultation and negotiation
- Working knowledge of health services research methods, standards and health indicators
- Strong interpersonal skills, strong understanding of CIHI Tier 1 clients’ needs and strong customer service orientation
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills to varied audiences (ministry, research, clinicians, etc.)
- Ability to fulfil requirement of frequent travel within Canada
- Fluency in both official languages is an asset
Interested?! Learn more about CIHI, what we have to offer and to submit your application by visiting us at: www.cihi.ca and check out our “Careers” section.