Les informations ci-après, fournies dans la langue où elles ont été reçues, représentent un service d’information gratuit pour la communauté de l’ACRSPS. Bien que l’ACRSPS s’efforce de les vérifier, elles peuvent contenir des erreurs. Veuillez donc prendre note des dispositions d’exonération de responsabilité.
Senior Researcher, Canadian Population Health Initiative, Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI)
Ottawa or Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Date limite de soumission: February 02, 2014 11:59:00 pm
The Senior Researcher is responsible for leading, managing and carrying out analytical activities. These activities include working with staff to determine data analyses ideas/needs for products and other applied work to support decision-making in health systems and population health with an emphasis on health system performance. The Senior Researcher contributes to the development of analytical skills among staff and serves as an expert resource for selected projects.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides advice on the identification, feasibility and scientific merit of analytic studies identified for future work by the CIHI Advisory Council on Population Health, staff and other stakeholders
- Develops analytical plans and implements analytic protocols including, but not limited to, the preparation of analytical plans for projects and analyzing data to address research questions, edit and review of CIHI reports with a particular focus on analytical information
- Takes responsibility for ensuring that the health system and population health research analytical activities are carried out on time and meet high standards. This includes having a detailed understanding of the strengths and limitations of the data and analytical techniques. Accountable for ensuring high quality products within a quality assurance framework
- Performs and/or oversees complex quantitative analysis. Qualitative analysis an asset
- Has full accountability for managing risk on program/projects; liaises with internal and external stakeholders on scope, outstanding issues, deliverables and other matters. In particular, ensures that issues are addressed appropriately; where necessary and appropriate, seeks advice and guidance from experts within or outside of the organization; consults with and keeps the Director of CPHI appropriately informed
- Coaches and mentors analytical staff within CPHI and the Research and Analysis Division and contributes to analytical skills enhancement activities across CIHI
- Keeps abreast of the latest developments in pan-Canadian and international population health, and health policy research; and establishes and maintains relevant professional contacts
- Prepares reports and background/discussion papers related to assigned projects; prepares papers for peer-reviewed journals and mentors staff in this activity; prepares and delivers presentations in support of CIHI and its Strategic Directions
- Contributes to the promotion of CIHI products and services through participation on external committees, presentations and/or attendance at conferences, and other activities, as required
- Contributes to the evaluation of CIHI work and its impact
- Acts as liaison with other CIHI Divisions to incorporate CIHI data and information into products developed by the Research and Analysis Division as appropriate; brings a population health and health policy lens to the CIHI work
Knowledge and Experience
- PhD degree in a health or social science discipline with relevance to population health and/or health policy, with an established track record in research and publications
- Over 5 years of experience managing and carrying out advanced analytical activities, research projects and article publication related to health policy, population health, or health system performance
- International experience a strong asset
- Strong conceptual understanding of health and its major determinants, and health system performance
- Strong understanding of quantitative research and the ability to analyze and synthesize sophisticated research and technical health information.
- Qualitative analysis an asset.
- A track record of successful collaboration with researchers and with key health system stakeholders
- Excellent interpersonal and mentoring skills
- Strong project management experience and skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience in and comfort with creating information products highlighting research results, methodological information, and policy analysis for a variety of expert and non-expert audience.
- Knowledge and experience with the analysis of large survey and administrative datasets (particularly familiarity with Statistics Canada and CIHI data holdings, analytical tools and reporting processes) and with qualitative research analysis techniques.
Click here to apply