Partnerships for Health System Improvement: 2014-2015
Deadline: October 15, 2014 11:59:00 pm
The purpose of this funding opportunity is to support teams of researchers and decision makers interested in conducting applied health services and policy research that will be useful to health system managers and/or decision makers.
The specific objectives of this funding opportunity are to:
- Support research that reflects the emerging health needs of Canadians and the evolution of the health system, and supports health policy decision-making;
- Support research relevant to decision makers by producing results that can be applied to multiple regions and/or settings;
- Foster collaboration with the provinces and with individuals and organizations in or outside of Canada that have an interest in health or health research, and engage a variety of partners in or outside of Canada that have complementary research interests;
- Promote the involvement, recognition of, and respect for health researchers from an array of health disciplines; and,
- Enable the dissemination of knowledge and the application of health research to improve the health of Canadians, and to strengthen the Canadian healthcare system.
Funds available - $4,800,000 for approximately 12 grants
Maximum CIHR contribution per grant - $400,000
Grant duration – Three years