CADTH is an independent, not-for-profit organization responsible for providing Canada’s health care decision-makers with objective evidence to help make informed decisions about the optimal use of drugs and medical devices in our health care system. We are in need of a: Policy and Program Analyst.
Reporting to the Director, Governance, Policy and Performance Management, this position brings a multi-lens perspective and contributes to corporate plans, program development, and organizational effectiveness.
· support CADTH’s topic identification, prioritization, and selection process through the coordination and facilitation of pan-Canadian consultations
· in collaboration with customers, stakeholders, and other CADTH staff, articulate policy issues, questions, considerations, options, and advice for specific topics and projects. In turn, develop policy messages, and support tools and other materials to bridge the gap between the information, findings, and recommendations in CADTH products, and the needs of health decision-makers
· identify, describe, analyze, and advance initiatives including business development and government relations activities to contribute to the strategic positioning and effectiveness of the organization
· collect and interpret sector intelligence and internal and external input to inform the development of CADTH’s strategic, business, and operational plans.
· This position requires either a graduate degree in a policy, health administration, or health-related field combined with five (5) years’ experience in a health policy advisory role in the public sector environment, or a degree from a recognized university with seven (7) to 10 years of progressive health policy advisory experience within the public sector environment.
· Your written and oral communications skills are particular strengths, including expertise in facilitating senior-level discussions and developing briefing notes for senior-level audiences.
· You bring a track record of well-executed and on-time deliverables related to policy and program development and related initiatives.
· You have an in-depth knowledge of the Canadian health system and current issues in health care in Canada.
· You are known for being analytical. Systems and critical thinking abilities support your solutions orientation. You bring initiative and the ability to work independently, and you can anticipate needs, adapt readily, and handle confidential matters with discretion.
· Your interpersonal skills are strong. Your diplomacy, tact, sound judgment, and political acumen characterize your approach and have been key to your success. You maintain a broad professional network.
· You have strong MS Office skills using Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
· Experience with performance measurement methodology
· Fluency in French.
Grow your career. Make a difference. To apply for this opportunity, visit the Careers section of our website at www.cadth.ca/careers and submit your application by Sunday, November 4, 2018. CADTH is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. We appreciate your interest in CADTH and commit to following up with selected candidates by end of November 2018.
Simply enter your email address below and we'll send you a new password right away!
The email address you entered does not exist in our system.
Please remember to check your junk/spam folders if you don't receive your new password promptly.
Please check you email for the password reset instructions. We hope you'll join us soon!