Location Calabar, Nigeria
Start Date Jun - Aug 2018 (flexible)
Length of Placement 11 Months
Language Requirements English
Open to Canadian Citizens and Permanent Residents of Canada only
The Volunteer’s Role
The overall purpose of this placement is to support BTAN in carrying out surveys, documentation and presentation of developments/innovations around improving access to quality health services in Cross River State. The volunteer will also make use of best practices obtainable and adapt them to suit the State’s peculiarity as it concerns quality healthcare delivery. The Research Advisor will be helpful in supporting the development/strengthening of the Organization’s archiving system (both electronic and hard copies).
As a volunteer, you will:
-Support the development/strengthening modalities for collaboration and coordination amongst stakeholders working towards achieving Access to Quality Health Services (AQHS) - SDGs 3.
-Development of tracking and reporting tools for SDGs 3 implementation to guide policy.
-Support dissemination of reports on both print and social media platforms.
-Undertake research and documentation of the gains and gaps of MDGs 4, 5 and 6 (Healthcare related goals) in Cross River State.
Essential Academic Qualifications:
Minimum of Bachelor’s degree or its/equivalent in health, research, social science or related field.
Essential Professional Background:
-Demonstrated skill in research methodology in related areas.
- Knowledge of SDGs and emerging issues.
-Demonstrated experience of working in a multi-cultural and diverse environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English; strong team member skills and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Modest monthly living allowance (varies depending country)
- Accommodation while in placement
- Return airfare and visa/work permit costs
- Cost of required vaccinations, antimalarial medication and health insurance
- Pre-departure training and in-country orientation
- Travel and accommodation for reintegration debriefing weekend
- Modest support for accompanying partners and dependents going on placement with you for 12 months or longer (Return flight, emergency medical insurance, vaccinations)
- Access to Employee Assistance Program while in placement and upon return
- Cuso International assessment day (Candidates must cover the first $200 of the most cost-effective travel expenses and all accommodation costs).
- Travel and accommodation for the five-day pre-departure training course and for in-country orientation
- Bonus: Additional return flight home or cash in lieu after 12 months of service for volunteers who extend for another 6 months
Simply enter your email address below and we'll send you a new password right away!
The email address you entered does not exist in our system.
Please remember to check your junk/spam folders if you don't receive your new password promptly.
Please check you email for the password reset instructions. We hope you'll join us soon!