MENTAL HEALTH THEME GROUP
The CAHSPR Mental Health Theme Group is a community of researchers, decision-makers, and other individuals who have a particular interest in mental health services research and policy. Our mission is to facilitate networking, knowledge exchange, significant discussions, and collaborative work amongst members of the group on mental health research and intersecting points between mental health and other health sectors. We endeavor to raise the profile of mental health research and facilitate its dissemination at annual CAHSPR conferences, and ultimately to improve mental health services and support through the dissemination and application of science and policy.
Launched in 2010, the Mental Health Theme Group is one of the inaugural theme groups for CAHSPR. Founding members of this group were also affiliated with the Canadian Academy of Psychiatric Epidemiology.
ORGANIZATION AND LEADERSHIP
The Mental Health Theme Group consists of an Executive Committee and 3 working committees (Communications; Membership; and, Conference Planning).
The 2012-2013 Executive Committee includes:
- Eric Latimer (McGill and Douglas Mental Health University Institute) as Past Chair
- Shalini Lal (UBC) as Chair
- Don Wildfong (CNA) as Chair Elect
- Carol Adair (MHCC and U of Calgary) as Executive Member at Large
- Emily Jenkins (SFU) as Coordinator-Conference Planning Committee
- Dorina Simeonov (McMaster) as Coordinator- Communications Committee
- Qamar Zaidi (York) as Coordinator-Membership Committee
- Bosu Seo (U of Manitoba) as Coordinator-Membership Committee
The Chairs of the Working Groups include:
Communications Committee: Shalini Lal (UBC) and Dorina Simeonov (McMaster)
Membership Committee: Bosu Seo (U of Manitoba) and Qamar Zaidi (York)