health policy specialist
Health Policy Specialist
Major Responsibilities include:
Manage health policy issues as assigned by the Professional Affairs Policy Manager.
Leverage organization’s knowledge on health policy matters by developing, and updating for publication various tools, manuals, resources and articles, to assist association members to meet indentified professional, legislative and regulatory responsibilities.
Provide advisory services to association members on professional and health policy matters , through various communication tools, such as telephone, speaking engagements, electronic communications, written materials, etc.
Keep abreast of new developments in professional and health policy initiatives, through continuing education and other learning modules.
Required skills and experience:
- BSC-Health Related field.
- Minimum three years in health care delivery.
- Working with health professions legislation/laws would be an asset.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to analyze issues and problem solve.
- Manage complex tasks and projects.
- Ability to digest complex, voluminous materials and produce concise summaries.
- Collaborate with all members of the organization.
- Ability to stay abreast of changes in professional and health policy initiatives.
- Ability to obtain resources and relevant information quickly.
- Ability to respond relatively quickly to new challenges as they arise in the organization.
- Ability to act as a team player and facilitator within the organization. EMAIL